Tuesday, November 8, 2011


Okay, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't so I'll just be as blunt as possible and hopefully it will work this time.

I am looking for people (no more than 5-10 because that's the most I can afford [and I'm not even sure I can afford that]) to read and review my book of poetry (Rae's Bar & Bistro), or the re-issue of my holiday paranormal romance novella in paperback (The Holly and the Ivan). I will send you a free copy of one or both of these books if (and ONLY if) you: 1) Promise to read it in a timely manner - within a month of receiving it and 2) Promise, Promise, PROMISE to write a REVIEW of it ON YOUR PUBLIC BLOG or talk about it on another social networking site (NOT private), also within a timely manner. You can say you hate it, I don't care. As long as you put it out there, spend at least 150 words saying something about it, with a link to the book on Lulu.com or on my website.

I can't afford to pay for advertising. I need to do GRASSROOTS MARKETING. I'm not looking for private emails telling me you liked it or about the typos. I need you to tell other people OUTSIDE my normal group of friends whether or not you like it. And link to it. I'm seeking to SELL THESE BOOKS. I need to build a larger audience of readers. I'm asking your help to do that.

While I'm okay with scrubbing toilets for a living, I'm not very good at it. Plus, I don't have a car and these days they don't seem to want to hire you unless you have a car. My hours have been cut at work and my freelance clients are fewer or with smaller projects. So. This is what I know how to do. This is what I'm trying to do to make a living.

SO, if you ARE willing to read one or both of these books and review them (and your FREE book is payment - these both cost at least $5-6 each just materials and labor) then send me a private message, either through tribe or to info@puttputtproductions.com. I'll need your name and a physical address where I can send the book(s).

Thank you in advance for playing along.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I did a review of the Holly and the Ivan originally, of course. Feel free to use anything from that you might want to use. I will definitely read your poetry collection, but given my work load it's hard for me to promise a review by a certain time.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Charles! You're a gem! I'll use your review of the Holly and the Ivan from earlier if I may. I know you're busy and you're such a supportive person. I don't want to pull on your resources.