Saturday, August 20, 2011

Top ten thoughts on hawking my wares at my first book signing ever at Chevalier’s whilst waiting for people to show up…

1) I wonder if my little novella will grow up to be a real book like the ones on these shelves one day?

2) If I had a tail, I probably wouldn’t slouch as much when I sit.

3) Would it help if I chased people down in the street?

4) I don’t suppose there’s a way to lose a chunk of weight before anyone shows up, is there?

5) There’s lipstick on my teeth. I just know it. There’s lipstick on my teeth.

6) This is beginning to feel remarkably like that party I gave in junior high.

7) Don’t look at the time. For God’s sake, DO NOT LOOK AT THE TIME!

8 ) Need to ask Vicki Pettersson for some Vegas Show Girl dance tips incorporating holding a book so I can dance on the sidewalk and get people to stop and come in and buy my book.

9) Or even just wave it around a little.

10) The people here are awfully nice. I sure hope I sell some of these suckers.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Except for the Lipstick on my teeth I think this is quite similar to what I felt the first time I had a signing.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Phew! Glad I'm not the only one.

LoveRundle said...

I love it! So cute, especially the tail part.

You had a book signing! How awesome is that!

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Yeah, it was cool. If I remember, I'll post some pics today.