Friday, April 3, 2009

PAD Day 3

As the blogger announced, at day 3, we are 10% done! Yay!

Today’s prompt was: “The problem with…”

You can see an abundance of poems on problems here.

This was my post:


The Problem with Zombies…

The problem with zombies is they’re already dead.
What’s a gal to do short of blow off their heads.
Hope they stumble around enough feeling for their skull
it’s a wonder as she runs off in her heels that she can
get away at all.

Vampires, werewolves, dragons, ghosts –
each have their flaw (of which they, typically, boast)
the point at which they are undone –
Existence unraveling with the rising of the sun.

But zombies are different, they can’t be beat.
The problem with zombies is they can take the heat.
The trouble with zombies is they don’t leave.

In the end, I suppose, the truth will out -

A gal could do worse in a world full of monsters,
then to end up dating a tall, unrotted corpster.

7 comments:

Bevie said...

Like the humor.

I might give this a go. Is it all right if I start late?

Charles Gramlich said...

I like how "Corpster" makes you think of "hipster."

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I'm fairly sure it's fine to start late. When you go to their blog and read all the poems there, it's just a bunch of writers having a good time.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Heh! That was my desperate attempt to find something to rhyme with monster. And I liked it. I was thinking, youngster, oldster, why not corpster? This is fun.

LoveRundle said...

I love zombies! You can't go wrong. This poem was so funny. Very modern. You need to see if there is a magazine collecting for Halloween.

Sadako said...

Hehe, this one was funny, I really enjoyed it.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Thanks! I was cackling while I writing it.