Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Spontaneous summer cranberry sauce for the win...

It's the little things that make your day.

Cleaning out the freezer I discovered a couple packages of cranberries I'd tucked away, and I realized that while I didn't have tangerines or oranges (or pomegranate seeds), I did have lemon simple syrup I had made recently, which is a much more summer appropriate flavor anyway. And I even had some walnuts stashed away somewhere else. So, even though it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas, I made a bright and flavorful cranberry sauce that will taste totally fantastic on toast and all sorts of things, and cheered myself right up!

I used to share cranberry sauce with the Cocktail Fairy, so it's a little sad, but it's also a little happy. And I feel like I was able to make gold out of straw.

One point for the Alchemists!

Summer Cranberry Sauce