Sunday, June 6, 2010

Halfway Mark...is Time really that fluid?

Cross-posted elsewhere:

So, our June issue was delivered to the neighborhood on Friday morning.



We're constantly working a month ahead. A couple of the editors have two calendars by their desks - one for the current month and one for the next month. So, I'm used to thinking a month ahead for things, but suddenly now it feels like we've gone from January to June in the space of just a few heartbeats. How did it get to be the middle of the year so fast? Where did the time go? It just seems to keep marching along, paying no-nevermind to the rest of us.

It doesn't help that I have what a friend of mine calls a case of the ADOS's - or Attention Deficit OH SHINYs. I sit down to work on a story and end up doing a crossword or surfing tribe or Facebook. Yesterday we had our writers club meeting and Will, our president, pointed out that June marks the four year mark for our little club. FOUR YEARS. And we're already planning for what we're going to be doing in September (hopefully getting a table at the West Hollywood Bookfair - come by and visit us!).

So, on the one hand, I'm appalled at the time that flies by and how much I haven't achieved yet. Then, I have to remember basically what I posted last month, that eventually time goes by and milestones seem to just happen. And before you know it, things do get done after all.

Maybe Time is more fluid than I think.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

things do get done. I made progress today and that's about all I can hope for.