Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Six (6) Quirks...

I got this from over at Razored Zen (http://charlesgramlich.blogspot.com/2008/05/quirks.html).

First the Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

So here are mine.

1. Foundation, cover up, etc that women use on their faces to "even" their "skin tones"? I can't stand it. It makes me feel like my skin can't breath. And please, don't tell me about some supposedly noncomedogenic foundation that's supposed to be the end all be all of make up. I just plain don't like the stuff. At the very most, I use a light dusting of powder. I even have to be careful what moisturizer I use. I am very picky about that.

2. If I drink black tea before I've had anything to eat in the morning then I'll get sick to my stomach and then sneeze, which relieves the nausea. If I take black tea with food or with cream in it, I'm fine. And I drink black coffee all the time.

3. I think, for the most part, that chicken is a waste of protein calories. Unless it's roasted very well with herbs it is typically tasteless and dry. I believe in flavorful proteins like a rich salmon, the dark meat on a turkey, or duck or goose, or a good thick pork filet, or better yet, a filet mignon. Hell, even tofu has better flavor then most chicken out there.

4. I hate the clip clop sound of high heels or leather loafers behind me. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe it has to do with school and teachers walking behind me or maybe it has to do with the fact that I usually think that who ever is in the heels or loafers is a bit snooty and I'd rather not be where they are.

5. As much as I hate wearing foundation and coverup, I LOVE wearing eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.

6. I only like to eat the tops of cupcakes and muffins, unless there's icecream I can mix with them or something. I throw the rest away or give it to whatever dog may be nosing around.

I’m not tagging anyone. Tag yourself.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I can't agree with you on chicken, which is close to nature's most perfect meal, but I'm with you on just eating the tops of muffins. unless they are moist blueberry muffins.

Now I'm making myself hungry.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Yeah! Me, too!

LoveRundle said...

This is so funny! I love learning about these little bits of your life. So now I know that black tea with nothing else in the morning will make you sick and that you aren't a fan of chicken. I'm not a fan of chicken either, but that has something to do with the CSI thing.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Good, next time we order Chinese with a bunch of people we can stand up for pork and beef and tofu. It always seems like people get chicken EVERYTHING - Chicken teriyaki, chicken satay, chicken curry, chicken burrito, chicken, chicken, chicken! There's more to life than chicken!