Friday, October 5, 2007

I haven't posted in a while.....

I've meant to post more. I've meant to read other posts more. It's just been so darn busy or I've just been so darn TIRED. And then at work it's like not CRAZY busy like it gets sometimes. It's that frustrating busy where you think it's going to be slow and just as you stuff your mouth with bagel the phone rings, your boss walks up to have you work on something and you forget that you were going try to get some projects done at work before the weekend.

And oh yeah - it's the weekend!

And then people visit!

And then people call! And want to talk to you cuz you been so busy!
But you're still busy!

And then it's time to take that vacation you planned months ago and thought you'd have money for by now but don't.

AIIYEEEE!

So, that's where I'm at currently. I'm trying to make lists to keep track, but you know, your lists are only good if you actually stick to them and remember everything that goes on them.

I've been reading some. Some has been brain food, like Issue 5 of New Genre and the new Star*Line from the Science Fiction Poetry Association. And some has been fun reading, like Stephanie Rowe's Sex and the Immortal Bad Boy. I had a great time reading it. It was like a mini-vacation from the above. It had fun things to contemplate you know, like Heaven, Hell, Love, Honor, Sex (really HOT sex), and girl friend bonding. I'm always a fan of the girl friend bonding thing.

I think I might reread it. I need to hide just a little bit longer. I think I might go back and reread the rest of the series (though I've loaned out two of them - hmmm - maybe I can sneak back and get'em to reread....). Well, maybe I'll just go back and reread the sex bits. And the funny bits.

Oh, hell! I'll just reread the whole thing. It's still in my purse, anyway.

;-)

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Are you in the SFPA? I am. Star*Line is a fine mag of speculative poetry.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

I saw you in there! In fact the Star*Line I just received had a little flyer in there about a book put out by some Louisiana-an (?) poets and you were there! I thought how cool is that!

The T-Dude said...

Oooooo. The sex bits and the funny bits. Are they the same bits?

Rachel V. Olivier said...

LOL! Sometimes!