Monday, November 26, 2007

WOW moment

A few months ago, a friend of mine gave me a gift subscription to Entertainment Weekly. It's not one of those magazines I would normally pick up for myself, but it's been nice to have around, especially for the Potter issues. This last week they were having articles on what to watch this next week, and what to read, and who the top entertainers of the year have been. This year's top entertainer? J.K. Rowling! I cried! I know it' s probably all part of some marketing machine, but it makes me happy that EW is not only covering books on top of movies and tv shows (which they have done for a while), but that they've also chosen a writer as the top entertainer. That is so cool! I think it needs to be documented that someone who has written good old fashioned books was the year's top entertainer.

Here! Here!

(Crossposted on Live Journal)

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

That is good news. And Rowling's deserves it.

The T-Dude said...

My wife loves mags like that. I have to admit, I'm rather fond of them too.