Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Announcing the bright shiny and new RVO website!

Crossposted from Blogetary:

It has been the best of the last couple of days and the worst of the last couple of days. I had Monday off and decided to call Yahoo! to see about getting a new website. They’re splitting from AT&T and you can’t just click through on the website necessarily unless you know how to get around the little AT&T things still stuck with the Yahoo! things. The split should be complete by August.

Anyway, so I got to real people finally who walked me through on how things are working now. And I got a new website! Then I spent the rest of the day and evening setting it up. I was so happy! I’ve been wanting to have a rachelvolivier.com website for a while. A separate website for my writing, separate from my proofreading and copy editing. I was ecstatic! I announced it on Facebook! On Twitter! Through my email! It was late Monday night, but I was making sure everyone saw it was UP!

And by Tuesday at 9 a.m. it had been deleted and I couldn’t do anything about it. I was due at work at 9:30 and I had a gig going after work. So, it wasn’t until after 4 p.m. that I was able to be on the phone once again, on hold for a long time, again, and get walked through all the steps to get a website set up – AGAIN.

Fortunately, I had someone who was patient with my disbelief and anger when she told me that my website had been deleted and that there had been no reason given AT ALL for this. Also, fortunately, she was able to bring up the deleted website so I didn’t have to go through and redo all the uploads of pictures and text. The bookkeeping was figured out and voila. I now once again, have a bright new shiny RVO website. Sigh.

Now, let’s if it’s still there tomorrow.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

looks good. I'm gonna click around and see what you have there.

Rachel V. Olivier said...

Well, you've probably seen most of it, but hopefully there will be more soon.