Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Review by C. Leigh Purtill! Yay!

I didn't post this last week as I was distracted, what with my e-novella coming out and all! (*dances yet another little jig*)

Anyway, C. Leigh Purtill, who is the author of Love, Meg and All About Vee, wrote a wonderful review about my little e-novella, The Holly and the Ivan. I think my favorite quotes from her are: "Rachel Olivier is a master at using just the right word. Every sentence feels chosen, not merely written." and "Rachel's stories are immensely entertaining and readable and I enjoy them as much as I enjoy stories from the best urban fantasy writers like Emma Bull, Melissa Marr and Holly Black (well, those are my favorites!)." Every time I read those words I feel all warm and cozy inside. I know I won't always get good words like that written about my stories or poetry, but it's nice to appreciate them when I get them.

It's been a good week, almost like Christmas. That's all I can say.

Don't forget, if you want you can win a free copy of The Holly and the Ivan by entering my blog contest here.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Very nice. It's always wonderful to read nice things about your writing. You wonder sometimes at how that can give you such a thrill, but it does.